Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy birthday to Mady!

Ohmygosh I can't even believe I have a 5 year old!  We had a such a fun weekend celebrating with friends and family and a special visit from KC Grandma and Grandpa.  Mady had a birthday party with friends at My Gym and a family party at our house on Superbowl Sunday.

Right now Mady loves school, anything art related (coloring, painting, drawing, watercolors, stickers, etc.),  anything purple, anything lion cub (i.e. leopard print), all things tiny, her lion cub "cubby", and shopping.  Her favorite places to visit right now are the Natural History Museum (she loves dinosaurs), and the Planetarium.  She loves books.  She is a very picky eater.  She takes dance and tumbling.  She loves to ski.  She is a rule follower (unless they are my rules, sometimes:/), and she has the most rules for any game she makes up.  She is compassionate and thoughtful.  A great big sis and we could not love her more!

The day she was born 5 years ago, and her 1st birthday!


My BIG 5 year old!

My Gym party

A rainbow party!






My cute birthday girl!

And, since I'm on the subject of Mady, and since I started this blog a little later in her lifetime, I just wanted to add these pictures...things I always want to remember about her...how she likes to dress herself in mismatched socks (and sometimes shoes).  Whenever they're clean the striped leggings and heart skirt are her go-to--even though they're a size 3:)  And of course, cubby, her best little buddy that goes everywhere with us:)


Like I said before, we had a fun week long visit from my parents this past week.  It's been awhile since they've been out here together or that we've been to KC.  It was so nice to have them here and my kids just love them so much.  Plus, for me it's so nice to have the company and the extra help!
They were able to have lunch with Mady at school one day for Grandparents Day which Mady was so excited about.  (and maybe one day I'll get those pictures off my mom's camara dang it!).  They took her out for the day to lunch, shopping, and the library on her birthday.  We all went to the Natural History Museum one afternoon, but mostly just played and played at home.  Since they've been gone, Sophie keeps asking when we're going to pick them up again.  Luckily they will be back for her birthday in April!  
Mady has always referred to them as Kansas City Grandma and Grandpa but I guess Sophie never quite picked up on that fully.  While they were here, Sophie kept asking for her "new Grandma" and her "Grandma with glasses".  Haha, she's now calling them KC Grandma and Grandpa, but those others are just too cute:)




1 comment:

Katie said...

I cannot believe Miss Mady is five!! What an amazing party you threw Annie! You blow me away with your creativity and ability to do all of that with three kids and one on the way! You are amazing!!
PS-What program are you using to edit photos and make collages? I use picnik but it's closing:( I need new ideas! Miss you!