Thursday, September 1, 2011

The end of an era...or actually just a summer

Since Labor Day Weekend is approaching and we are settling into our school routine, I am finally accepting that our summer is basically over.  And what a FUN summer it was!  Tons of visitors, swimming,  super fun playdates, bike rides, and lazy days sleeping in.  Mady did summer camp at My-Gym once a week, and Sophie even joined her a couple times.  There were missed naps, late nights, and lots of Lagoon time.  Jack started crawling, Mady jumped off the diving board and learned to swim in the big pool without her floaties.  We spent lots of time bug-catching, jumping on the tramp, and swinging on the neighbors swing set.  I'm sad it's over, but REALLY looking forward to our busy, fun fall!  


We spent a lot of time at Oakridge this summer-swim lessons, afternoons with just me and the kids, and evenings with Daddy.  

Mady got better at riding her bike this summer.  We got Sophie and Jack new bikes so it was easy for York and I to walk and push while Mady rode.  

Love this picture.  Beautiful scenery and my favorite peeps:)

We had some lazy days at home too...The girls were so happy when we finally had to move Jack’s bed to the lower setting so they could get in it!  Oh, and Mady loves to get Sophie up in the morning...before climbing in she throws in toys, books, etc and they play forever.
Did I mention we got another Guinea?  Meet Ringo Softy.

My girls LOVE to paint

This is one of my favorite pictures.  Mady spent a lot of time trying to catch bugs this summer.  She got really good at catching dragonflies (or damselflies as she would call them).  One day her daddy asked "Wow Mady, did you catch that with your bare hands?" and she responded "No daddy, I caught it with my children's hands!"






2 comments:

The Barron Family said...

Awww, how sweet! They are so cute. I absolutely love where you guys live. What a beautiful background. WOW!!!

Chris, Erica, Avva, & Alle Kinnersley said...

It was a fun summer! Thanks for letting us play/swim with you. Here is to a fun fall:)