Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Soccer mom...kind of

Welp.  I'm offically a soccer mom.  Although when I think of a soccer mom I picture one with older kids, carpooling in a minivan to soccer practice a few times a week in the afternoon/evening.  That's not exactly what's going on here...my daughter is 4, I don't carpool nor do I own a mini-van (although I have to admit sometimes I have mini-van envy...the room, the space!).  Her practices are 30 minutes before her games on Saturday mornings.  But technically, I've arrived - I'm part of a prestigous group known as "soccer moms" and proud of it (by the way, does anyone know where the meetings are held?).
Mady's first game was this past Saturday.  My brother Johnny came in for the weekend and we were excited that he would get to watch her play...or pick flowers off to the side of the field - we weren't quite sure which would happen.  She is in the 4-6 girls age group and the other two girls (the only other two that showed up) were both 6 and had played before.  Lovely.  But, much to our surprise Mady was right out there running around the whole time, in her extremely oversized uniform, going for the ball.  And thanks to her generous, helpful teammates, she even scored a goal.  
It was so fun watching her and to see the excitement on her face and in her voice.  Mady: "Mom, when do I get to play again?" Me: "right now, that was just the end of the quarter" Mady: "Right NOW?!  Yay yay yay!"  If you know Mady, she's pretty serious...so for her to express her love for soccer was pretty shocking, but pretty great too.  



Practice before the game


We knew we were off to a great start when she got purple jersey #4...favorite color, favorite number


The cheer-ers


How cute are these two?  Mady loves her Uncle Johnny!


Love how big her uniform is on her compared to her teammate!


I mentioned my brother Johnny came in for the weekend and it was really great spending time with him.  I think he had fun hanging out and playing with the kiddos.  And he made for a really great frozen yogurt buddy, my new obsession these days.  We also had York's works annual summer BBQ this weekend which was lots of fun.


Johnny's first Lagoon experience.  Something about the bottom right picture just makes me laugh...
He even got to take her to school!

Thanks for the fun visit Johnny!  I’m pretty sure our weekends are booked from here till November, but we are loving every minute!  We are truly blessed!




No comments: