Monday, September 19, 2011

Lately...

So much to blog about.  It's a good thing, but with everything going on lately I'm finding it hard to sit down and actually make time for it.  It's kind of like my new hobby, if I could work on it all day I would, but alas there's laundry to do and mouths to feed.  I do love that there are so many blog-able things going on right now, I figure the day I have nothing to post means it's probably time for another baby...KIDDING...I'll just try skydiving...KIDDING again!  anyways, I've decided to begin  with this post of randomness, so here goes...

Labor Day Weekend...

This Labor Day weekend York had his yearly Fantasy Football draft which has turned into kind of a big deal.  They start with a golf tournament to determine draft order. Then all the guys head back to our house for the Draft.  They order pizza and take care of business.  I have put York fully in charge of this event and that is why I only allowed myself to feel embarrassed for less than a minute when I went to the basement and found the boys had nothing to eat their pizza on.  No paper plates, nothing.  His comment was "we're guys, we don't use plates"...ok.  I snuck a roll of paper towels on the counter and ran upstairs hoping none of his friends saw me there because surely they would think, "where is this guy's wife that doesn't provide basic paper goods for a party?".  

York's good friend Bryan (who was in our wedding) came in for the weekend with his wife Kristin and 6 month old baby boy Will.  We went to their wedding in L.A. almost 2 years ago and were looking forward to spending the weekend catching up with them.  We were excited to meet will and have him and Jack play.  My girls fell in love with him...he is such a cutie!  It was a fun weekend playing with the babies, and I especially was glad to have Kristin's company since the boys were busy drafting.  


We're hoping these two boys end up as good friends just like their daddys!

Jersey boys

Discussing their first round draft picks.





Utah tailgating 2011...

And so it's begun.  York's favorite time of year, Utah football season!  I'm sure you've heard all about our new tailgating trailer by now - NO? Clearly you haven't spoken to my husband in the past 6 months:).  But I do have to admit its pretty sweet and will make tailgating much simpler.  We have so much fun on game days...Family, Friends, food - what more could you ask for?  The kids love it too, and afterwards I pack them up and head home while York stays for the game with the Fam.  Its pretty much a win-win situation!  The first tailgate was super fun and successful and we can't wait for the rest of our Saturdays up at the U!  I just love that York started this tradition with his family since we've been back from Missouri, its feels like we brought a piece of Mizzou with us here!




Yes, these are all the same pics...couldn't decide if I liked the edited or unedited version better.  This way I don't have to choose:)


Silly Sophie...

I just wanted to share these pics of Sophie.  We've been having a lot of fun together since Mady's been at school!  (And, yes, these are all the same pics too...I clearly have a problem of indecisiveness...sorry I'm not sorry;)





3 comments:

Preston said...

I gotta be honest, Annie; I didn't even notice that there were no plates to eat the pizza on. York was right, guys don't care!

Annie Yates said...

Thank you Pres, I just wanted to put it out that I was unaware. In case you wondering;)

Jenni Fuller said...

So many fun things going on! You are such a great blogger! I will have to ask about the tailgating trailor when I see York next. Loving the photo of Sophie and the bunny ears - cracks me up.:)