Friday, June 17, 2011

Introducing the newest member of our family...

After months and months of begging for a pet, Mady and Sophie are now the proud owners of Softy Quiet Sharp Claws...or wait, maybe its Good Boy Paul-either way, it's their first pet! And mine. So, Softy-Quiet (or Paul) is our guinea pig...both literally and figuratively. (And, it's a good thing I didn't have a say in naming him, or initially it would have been "great another thing to clean up poop and pee after-Y").



The girls are having so much fun with him and spend a lot of time huddled around his cage in Mady's room. As I work on my "pet phobia" he pretty much stays in his cage unless York is home. I have to say, it has created major bonding time with the girls and their daddy. With York supervising, they love to hand feed him treats (fruits and veggies), take him outside to play, and they both get lots of holding him on their laps time before bed. Mady and Sophie are so good with him, it amazes me. So, even though I've never been a pet person, seeing how excited and happy they are, how could I not be supportive?!

Mady asks me everyday "Mommy are you used to pets yet?" I'm really trying, and any reservations I had in the beginning are (slowly) fading away. And even though I have yet to hold (or even pet) Softy Quiet Sharp Claws/Good Boy Paul, I'm sure that in no time I'll be the one cuddling him on the couch when all the kids are sleeping, or toting him around town with me in one of those "pet purse" things;)












Videos of Mady and Soph holding their pet:





2 comments:

Preston said...

Glad to see Breck and I aren't the only parents out there compromising their ideals for the sake of their children's joy :)

cara said...

the videos are hilarious. i love their name choices!