Saturday, June 2, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

We took off Thursday afternoon for St. George to enjoy a long weekend of fun in the sun.  The weather here was supposed to be pretty cruddy and I was craving some pool time - because if you're going to be 8 months pregnant for a month of summer, you might as well be tan.  On the drive down York came up with the idea to drive to Lake Powell on Friday and take a boat ride and hang out at the Lake Powell Resort.  Of course I initially shot down the idea (because after 4 hours in the car with Jack I couldn't fathom another 2 the next day!) but finally I gave in to his adventurous ways and I'm glad I did!  We took a 1.5 hour boat ride which the kids loved and spent the evening at the Resort's pool.  I didn't have my phone by the pool so I didn't get any pictures of them swimming, but I wish I would have.  Jack has never really loved the water (we sometimes go to indoor places around here in the winter) and so he mostly stayed on the stairs by me at first.  Later York put Mady's floaties on him and after initial hesitation he was smiling ear to ear and signing "more"!  I just knew no child of mine could resist water for long!

The next day it was pretty cool and windy so we headed back for St. George pretty early.  It was only in the low 60's all day so we rented a movie and just relaxed at our place.  Sunday afternoon we swam at our neighborhood pool and before taking off on Monday we took the kids to the splash pad.  Jack even loved that this time, he wouldn't go near it when we were down for Sophie's birthday in April.

We headed back home Monday afternoon and got in town just in time to stop by the parents' house for a BBQ with the fam.  A perfect way to end the long weekend!


Tired girl - she fell asleep the last 10 minutes of our 2 hour drive to Powell.

24 hours in Lake Powell

Playing with my silly boy in our hotel room

Running outside in the morning to play in the rocks

Back in St. George....they love doing Daddy's workouts with him

Swimming in our neighborhood pool

1st thing on my "to do" list at home...get Jack some manly floaties

my babies and their blankies


Memorial Day at the splash pad...we are so lucky to have this so close by!

the drive home

Its rough to be Jack
Is this not the sweetest picture?!  Jack just loves babies...and loves holding baby Lucy.  He will be such a great big brother!



1 comment:

The Barron Family said...

such cute pictures!!! you have adorable kids.