Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Muddy buddies

These pictures are now about a month old, but they've been sitting on my desktop just waiting to have a place of permanence on my blog.  I decided this year I wanted to plant some flowers in with our landscaping just to brighten things up a bit (sidenote, I'm like the only person in Utah - or maybe anywhere for that matter - that hasn't really ever planted flowers in my yard or grown my own garden) so one evening we took a family trip to J&J Gardens and had the girls help us pick out some pretties.  I thought tthey would totally get into the planting part, but after realizing that it was actually really hard work, they took to eating their snow cones and playing in the yard instead.
While York and I got everything planted THIS is what was really keeping them all entertained...




Playing in a mud bath created by dirt from the house being built next door and our sprinklers.  They were having so much fun that once I realized what they were doing...I pretended that I hadn't.  When York and I finished planting, I made them run through the sprinklers but that didn't even scratch the surface of the clean up process.  After probably an hour long bath, washing/scrubbing/rinsing their hair about 5 times each, and then ending with a spray down in the shower, they were finally clean.  But, the amount of joy experienced during their "mud bath"made it all worth it:).

In other news, we've been keeping busy busy busy!  We spent one Saturday afternoon/evening at Cherry Hill which was a blast, spent a morning checking out the new Rocky Shores exhibit at the zoo, and lots and lots of time at Oakridge, among other things.  

Cherry Hill!




Sophie got invited to her very first "friend" birthday party at build-a-bear.  So fun!

So glad this boy is getting a brother...'dressing up' is sis's undies has begun!

This poor baby girl got her first UTI.  It was heartbreaking.  


And she had her first dentist appointment.  She loved it just as much as big sis!





No comments: