Sunday, September 9, 2012

Getting back to "normal"...

I don't think normal will ever be the right word to explain things around our home anymore.  It's just a fact that things have become crazier and less "structured" then I've been able to keep them before.  I'm trying to adapt, as I like thinks in order, and predictable, but I think I'm finally accepting that flexibility, change, and surprises are my new way of life, and maybe even good for me...to a point:).  The process of "letting things go" began with the second child and I definitely think that has increased more and more since Jonah has arrived.  Example:: I let the girls pick out their own clothes and sometimes they leave the house without their hair brushed, OR not cleaning my house from top to bottom if we're having visitors the next day...a more "lived in" home is more acceptable now than ever before! 

The past two months has been a little overwhelming for me with the addition of our sweet Jonah.  Especially since school has started we have all struggled adjusting to our new routine a bit.  The best way to describe it is that our house is a zoo most of the time...it seems as if there is always someone crying, whining, needing something RIGHT THAT SECOND!, hungry, thirsty, getting a boo-boo, etc. etc. and there is rarely a quiet moment.  Even my champion sleeper Sophie is coming downstairs 1, 2 or 5 times to ask if naptime is over yet which means I'm not always getting my "predictable" 2 hours of quiet time to myself to recharge (and get my chores done) during the day (not to mention I haven't had a solid nights sleep in who knows how long). 

But although craziness has been brought to a new level at home, we wouldn't have it any other way.  I am so blessed to be a stay home mom to our 4 beautiful, active, healthy kiddos, and as weird as it may sound, a houseful of chaos truly is my happy place! 

So...here is what we're up to lately..
Mady started soccer again for the fall season but she is on a new team with her old dance friends.  We are now spending Saturday mornings cheering on the Pink Wildflowers!




Oakridge usually closes for the season Labor Day Weekend, but is staying open a couple extra weeks thanks to the warm weather we've been having.  Our visits there have been few and far between since having Jonah, but I still like to go whenever we can.  Here is sweet Jonah soaking up some sun!


My cute Sophie girl's dream has come true...she is finally taking dance class.  Her first class was last Wednesday and she had so much fun.  She is also doing tumbling right before dance and loving it too.  I'm so happy for her that she gets to do her own activity, she's definitely put in her time watching Mady,  and we're excited that it's her time to shine!


Jack Jack Jack.  He is such a funny kid.  I can't believe he will be 2 in just a couple months.  He has finally started saying new words (although most are hard to understand, at least he's trying) and we're hoping that means his screaming days are coming to an end.  Since he doesn't really talk, he screams about everything -- whether he's happy or sad, it's just his way of communicating..pointing and screaming.  Needless to say we're looking forward to the day that he talks!

Jack loves books and I love these pics of him in his nightly routine, reading with mom or dad.  "More more more" after every book we read before bed, he can never get enough.  The toys in his bed are increasing too, but he's so cute how he will cuddle his Woody doll, Micky Mouse stuffed animal, or whatever his toy of choice is for the evening.  He still goes to bed pretty easy and is a good sleeper.  We all joke that he's our little linebacker because he's such a big dude, he and Sophie can wear the same size shoe!  He can throw a good fit and is kind of a bully lately...pulling his sisters hair, hitting, biting (mostly older kids), but is SO sweet and gentle with Jonah, or any baby for that matter.  He's a handful but we could not love him more!


With Mady at school all day its just me and these 3 little munchkins..

York got home from work one night as we were on our way out to soccer practice...I decided to leave Jonah home with him and a bottle since I want him to get used to taking one.  I ran back in to grab Mady's water bottle and this is what I saw...York eating dinner with the baby chilling on the counter top.  I was dying laughing, I don't why I thought this was so funny but I ran and grabbed my phone and took this pic..


And this was at soccer practice that night...they have a fun park for the other kids to play at while the girls practice, and our babysitter Lindsay was there with another one of the families she tends for..I have Lindsay every Thursday for a few hours...I love her so!



And finally...York and I finally got out together (with our little sidekick baby J).  It's been so long since I've had a sitter and gone out on a date night, we definitely need to do this more often!



No comments: