Friday, September 7, 2012

Mady starts Kindergarten!

I can't believe my little girl has started Kindergarten!  She was sooo excited to get back to school and be with her little friends again.  I was not so excited to start setting the alarm again but its always good to back into a routine.  I really didn't have a hard time sending her off this year...I think because she was already comfortable with the school and her friends, and I knew she would love going full day.  She gets to wear a uniform this year which I love.  She loves taking her lunch to school and when I pick her up 3 she begs to go to EDP (extended day program)...the girl can't get enough!  Sophie was so excited to go with us the morning of her first day, such a supportive little sister!  She's been doing great and has gotten green (on her behavior chart) everyday!  I went to back to school night to meet her teacher a fews days before classes started and she got to go the night before and meet her teacher, a few new classmates, and decorate her bag that she'll use for the year.  So far this school year has been great, we're so thankful that she loves to learn...makes it easy for us!
















I packed her lunch everyday for the first 2 weeks, and then starting in September I signed her up for a couple 'hot lunches' (about once a week).  She was not happy about that at first...my picky eater likes her regular:: PB&J, oatmeal, fruit, cheese/yogurt, and treat (she's a big lunch eater...plus they have snack in the morning and there's usually at least one thing leftover when she brings it home).  But, honestly, I did it to save me time.  York can usually take her one morning a week but the other days I have to get everyone up - which means getting her up and ready for school, and since her and Sophie share a room now she's up too and HAS to get dressed immediately upon waking, feed those two breakfast, wake up, nurse and change the baby, get Jack up, and get everyone loaded in the car by 7:30.  Sometimes I'm spent by the time we get home at 8:15...but Jack hasn't even had breakfast yet:)

There are a few new boys this year and only one new girl in her class bringing the total to 3 girls, and 12 all together.  She has already had a couple playdates with her new friend Brelyn, so I guess it quality over quantity right?!

Mady was SO excited about her first homework assignment::  bringing home Popcorn the bear...he had to do everything with her then we had to write it down, take pictures, and send him back after the weekend.  He will go home with everyone twice throughout the year but she got to be first... "Ms. Grafton did backwards alphabet!" (apparently having a "Y" last name was of great benefit this time!)  So not only was she excited to be the first but she was actually the one to name him...they all threw out suggestions and..."it was between Popcorn and Monster Truck (lol) and 8 people raised their hands for Popcorn so mine won" was her quote when explaining it to York and I.  (Proud parent moment;)  
So here are a few pics of Mady and Popcorn...


She has a regular packet of homework that comes home Monday and is due Friday, has PE twice a week, Music once week, Spanish and computers once a week, goes to their library once a week where she can check out her own book and return it the following week, and church on Fridays.  We have just loved St. Olaf's so far and even though I'm envious of the bus-goes everyday when I drive nearly 20 to and from her school twice a day, we wouldn't have it any other way!

We are SO proud of you Miss Mady and looking forward to an awesome year of Kindergarten!  xoxo

No comments: